Thursday, October 17, 2013

My Daughter's Wedding

Hello again,

My daughter, Amanda, was married on August 3, 2013, to Chase Lewis, in the LDS Rexburg, Idaho, Temple.  The wedding plans pretty much consumed us throughout the summer, in addition to teaching three classes at BYU-I.  I was able to teach the Bridal Couture class, which was great, so that I could make the wedding dress during the semester and take it to class to share the steps with my students.

Amanda found her dream dress at David's Bridal, but it was not modest.  We could have bought the dress and altered it, but we chose to make it.  It was made out of peau de soie satin, tulle, and Alencon lace.  A student and I were able to find a great deal from a shop in LA where we purchased the re-embroidered lace for $25 a yard.  It was beautiful.

I only have some of the pictures so far, but will continue to edit this post as I gather more pictures.

ENJOY!!